Report A Claim

Garrett County is covered by self insurance and commercial market insurance companies to provide coverage for claims arising from employee injuries (workers’ compensation), automobile accidents, property damage, general liability and other exposures.

Citizens who need to report a claim for damage or injury should call Risk Management. Citizens will be required to provide a written notice describing the incident giving a full statement of the facts along with a description of damages incurred. Citizens may include any additional documents necessary. All written notices must include an original signature along with your name, address, telephone number and mailed to: Garrett County Risk Management, 203 S. Fourth Street, Room 206, Oakland, MD 21550.

Certain matters should be reported to the originating department before contacting Risk Management. Such matters may include sewer back-ups, snow removal damage and road paint damage.

The written notice is provided by clicking on the form link below.

Document NOTICE OF CLAIM FORM (42.38 KB)